Seminar: IoT commissioning
Smart environments contain a “zoo” of devices which make them smart. The challenge is always to configure a unified control system which will cope with the different types of devices and providers for a smart environment installation. In this seminar, we will analyze some of the existing technologies to interconnect devices which build the Internet of Things. We will analyze different frameworks, cover techniques to minimize the configuration time, and how to look for errors.
The seminar has a practical part where the participants will create their own internet connected device and a final project where the security of IoT will be explored.
- Gain an overview of general IoT frameworks, tools and techniques.
- Understand concepts of data processing, process distribution, device commissioning and operation.
- Analyse devices and framework commissioning patterns.
- Apply commissioning techniques to a small IoT framework.
- Create an IoT framework with plug and play capabilities.
|Presence time||Lecture time: 2 SWS, exercises: 3 SWS|
|Useful knowledge||Python, data analytics|
|Period||Winter semester 18/19|
|StudOn||< Link follows >|
Up-to-date literature recommendations are provided during the lectures.
- Final project presentation, demonstrator and final report.