Seminar or Thesis: Unobtrusive Continuous Hydration Monitoring with Wearable Accessory
Water is an essential component of human body. It serves vital functions as component of the cells, transporter of nutrients and remover of waste, regulator of body temperature, and so forth. Technological solutions for continuous hydration monitoring using wearable technology are still in an early stage and several challenges must be addressed. This seminar will treat technological and data-analytics aspects with the aim to develop a wearable sensor-based solution for hydration status assessment.
- Gain overview on the state-of-the-art of wearable technology for hydration monitoring.
- Understand physiological principles behind hydration mechanism of the human body.
- Design a wearable sensor setup.
- Implement an experimental protocol for data collection.
- Create machine-learning algorithms for signal processing and data abstraction.
- Team work.
|Project type||BSc./MSc.-Seminar (Group work), Thesis|
|Presence Time||Lecture: 2 SWS, Exercise: 2 SWS|
|Useful knowledge||Human Physiology Principles, Signal Processing, Machine Learning|