HiWi position: 3D Modelling and Printing
The Chair of Digital Health is looking for a FAU student interested in an assistant researcher position (HiWi) on:
3D Modelling and Printing
(work effort selectable up to 19h/week).
We look for a student with a strong interest in mCAD & eCAD design and 3D printing of wearables. Applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Ideally more than one year of experience with 3D printing:
- Know how to set up and operate 3D printers.
- Familiar with the properties of filaments.
- Familiar with 3D printing process optimization.
- Work independently and efficiently with Solidworks and ideally also other CAD software.
- English is the primary working language; German knowledge is a plus.
- Modify CAD models, e.g., of smart eyeglasses, cloth enclosures.
- Design 3D objects.
- Assist in 3D scanning and reconstruction.
- Supervise 3D printing activities, including student exercises.
For inquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Oliver Amft. Please send your application: Cover letter (< 1 page) and CV, preferably as one PDF document via e-mail to Chair of Digital Health, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Henkestrasse 91, 91052 Erlangen. Contact information can be found at the page bottom.