Dr. Andreas Rowald
- Job title: Research Group Leader
- Organization: Department of Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology
- Working group: Chair of Digital Health
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-23604
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Henkestraße 91, Haus 7, 1. OG
Andreas Rowald, PhD, joined the Chair of Digital Health at the Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) as research group leader in October of 2021.
Dr. Rowald completed his doctoral studies in electrical engineering at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland. His doctorate work focused on the implementation of a computational framework to support the design of personalized neurotechnologies to restore nervous function after spinal cord injury. During his PhD, he lead a research group at the Defitech Center for Interventional Neurotherapies in Lausanne, Switzerland, that focused on the development of computational tools for the design and optimization of spinal cord stimulation paradigms.
Dr. Rowald´s research focuses on prognostic, personalized digital patient models to develop novel and optimize existing medical interventions for neurodegenerative and musculoskeletal disorders.